At Leonardo, we have a fantastic new opportunity for a Systems Engineer. Leonardo is a global high-tech company and one of the key players in Aerospace, Defence and Security. Headquartered in Italy, Leonardo has over 45,000 employees, of which 7,000 are based in the UK.
This Systems Engineering vacancy presents an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual to develop and grow their skills and knowledge within a thriving organisation.
Candidates with a good understanding of all aspects of Systems Engineering relating to lifecycle processes and methodologies should apply. Specific experience in a Model Driven Engineering environment using modelling tools such as Matlab & Simulink is particularly sought after for this role – the focus of which is to operate at the interface between Systems Engineering and more specialist resources conducting detailed modelling, simulation and product implementation from model-based design.
The job holder will also be engaged in a wide variety of Systems Engineering activities covering the entire engineering lifecycle, including; systems definition, input to estimates and bid activities, requirements apportionment, systems architecting, integration, verification & validation, which will involve proactive interaction and communication with other Engineering and non-Engineering functions.
Project work at Leonardo is based on both internally funded products and directly funded work with deliverables to key customers within short timescales in addition to long-term planned activities. If successful, you will be joining a dedicated multi-disciplined Integrated Project Team with a full and stretching workload – with huge potential for personal growth and professional development.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Flexible working: We offer our employees the time and flexibility they need to enjoy a balanced life through flexible hours and part time options
- Custom working: The role may be a mixture of home based and onsite
- Flexible benefits: Our company-funded approach to flexible benefits allows employees to make choices appropriate for them. Each employee has access to a wide choice of lifestyle, health and wellbeing options best suited to their individual lifestyle goals.
- Network groups : To demonstrate our ongoing commitment to diversity & inclusion we have network groups for
- Carers (employees who care for someone who is either older, disabled or seriously ill)
- Enable (supporting people with disabilities)
- Equalise (development of a gender balanced workforce)
- Pride (promoting equality for all LGBTQ+ individuals)
- We also work in partnership with AFBE (Association for Black and Minority Ethnic Engineers).
To find out about all of our Company benefits please visit: https://uk.leonardocompany.com/en/people-careers/life-at-leonardo/company-benefits
What you will do
The preparation of system and sub-system technical requirements and their dissemination to appropriate engineering functions.
Technical support to the development of current and future systems architectures/designs and their implementation.
Through practical adoption of model-based systems engineering and model-driven engineering techniques, operate as a focal point for the development of systems through all stages of the lifecycle in conjunction with the other involved engineering disciplines.
Maintaining an organised record of project related decisions, capture of specification and design artefacts as appropriate for each stage in the engineering lifecycle, risks, actions & opportunities. Where practical, this will be naturally integrated within the model-based approaches adopted.
Adherence to, and participation within Leonardo’s Engineering governance e.g. policy, framework processes, design reviews.
You must be eligible for full security clearance. For more information and guidance please visit : https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/united-kingdom-security-vetting-clearance-levels
What we are looking for
- Experience of the Systems Engineering lifecycle, from development and management of requirements through to acceptance testing
- Experience of Model Driven Engineering approaches and the use of tools such as Matlab/Simulink
- Awareness of Functional analysis and Specification development
- The ability to work with, and define work for, other Engineering disciplines and external suppliers/customers
- Conducting, analysing and reporting of qualification testing to support design certification
Working knowledge of DOORS for requirements management