At Leonardo, we have an opportunity for an Advisor Manager to work within its Business Compliance Function to support the management of all aspects of UK Business Compliance. As an Advisor Manager, you will provide support, including advice and guidance relating to Business Compliance matters, to the Leonardo Divisions operating under Leonardo UK.
Reporting to the Head of Business Compliance you will have responsibility for a number of key activities associated with our overseas business and the ethical principles and governance of the Company. Working closely with Marketing and Sales, Legal and Corporate Affairs functions, as well as Leonardo Corporate, to manage a portfolio of Advisors.
You will support Audit actions (internal and external) and the implementation of Audit actions relating to the Business Compliance function. You will be autonomous and make operational and technical decisions on complex issues with the support of the Head of Business Compliance, advising on issues affecting decisions to proceed or not with certain third party intermediaries.
This role is also responsible for supporting the overall management of the company ethics programme, as well as the gifts and hospitality, and Anti Bribery and Corruption training throughout the business. You will work closely with functions within Leonardo UK to ensure alignment with company policies and procedures.
With a home base at Basildon, which is one of Leonardo’s main facilities, the role may involve some national travel and possibly international travel.
What we can offer you:
- Flexible working: We offer our employees the time and flexibility they need to enjoy a balanced life through flexible hours and part time options
- Custom working: The role may be a mixture of home based and onsite
- Flexible benefits: Our company-funded approach to flexible benefits allows employees to make choices appropriate for them. Each employee has access to a wide choice of lifestyle, health and wellbeing options best suited to their individual lifestyle goals.
- Network groups
- Training : Free access to Coursera which provides more than 4,000 online courses
- Continuous Learning : You will be supported in your ongoing professional development though training and mentoring
- Investors in People : We are proud recipients of the Investors in People Silver Award
- Employee Assistance Programme : Providing free and confidential mental health support
- Annual leave: We offer 25 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays and 8 flexi days
To find out about all of our Company benefits please visit: https://uk.leonardocompany.com/en/people-careers/life-at-leonardo/company-benefits
What you will do
Overall management of the appointment of Leonardo UK Adviser portfolio in adherence to the governing policies and procedures. Activity to include responsibility for the administration of Adviser Agreements for new appointments and renewals using subject matter expertise in this area. This also includes gaining agreement within the business (LoB/IPT/Senior management) to move to the drafting and submission of all relevant documentation, due diligence activity management, obtaining the relevant signature and Agreement, up to an including the issue of a fully signed Adviser Agreement.
- Ongoing Adviser management to include support activities related to Adviser payments and Agreement amendments.
- Provide expert advice and guidance in order to achieve current and future business objectives.
- Utilises knowledge and experience of best practice in this area to understand risk and opportunities in support of the business.
- Daily updates of the Current Status spreadsheets ensuring that the Data Management Officer has data required to carry out their tasks
- Provide support to Audit teams, Internal and External for audit of Adviser and Finance activities.
- Maintain and support the creation of a consistent plan to promote an Ethics suite and programme for the respective Division in co-ordination with the other Adviser Management and Ethics Officer/Manager and the VP Compliance
- Provide support to the Ethics Committee and assist the management in putting forward Ethics initiatives and collect all documentation required to update the Ethics positioning of the Company, with a view to supporting an IS37001 accreditation.
This is a great opportunity to bring your talents and form an integral part of Leonardo’s future. We can help you develop your skills and offer great opportunities to develop and grow, so why not join us.
You must be eligible for full security clearance. For more information and guidance please visit : https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/united-kingdom-security-vetting-clearance-levels
What we are looking for
- Experience of working for multiple customers, which will require good prioritisation of workload to align to the customer requirements
- Effective and flexible communication and interpersonal skills
- Recognised as being a subject matter expert in this field
- High standard of and understanding of ethical behavior
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy in all areas are essential. This role will include working autonomously within a confidential environment
- Experience of drafting policy, guidance note etc
- Evidence of business/commercial acumen to take/influence business decisions for the benefit of the business
- Ability to engage and influence key stakeholders
- An understanding of how the function fits into the overall picture for the business
- Competent user of all Microsoft packages including Outlook, Word, Power Point and Excel