Ambulance Care Assistants pick up patients and take them to and from their appointments on time – but they are more than just drivers – they are highly trained, caring, professional people who make a positive impact on patients and colleagues every day.
If you like helping people, enjoy driving and getting out and about and are happy to lift and move patients, then keep reading as this could be the perfect job for you.
We are offering a great basic salary of £18,817. For all hours that you work between 8pm and 6am Monday – Friday and all-day Saturday, you will earn a shift bonus which means you will earn approximately £13.60 per hour. For Sundays and Public Holidays, you will earn approximately £17.65 per hour. Holiday entitlement starts at 27 days plus 8 bank holidays.
- Taking patients to and from their medical appointments and treating them with dignity.
- Moving and lifting patients who need help.
- Driving a long wheel-base vehicle with manual transmission.
- Shift Work. You’ll work a variety of shifts, both on your own and with a colleague. We are a 24/7 service and operate 365 days a year.
The Ambulance Care Assistant (ACA) role is a gateway into the Ambulance Service. People who join as an ACA can go on to be Team Leaders or Managers within their area or move to work in the frontline teams or one of the many support and corporate teams.
We’re looking for people who can demonstrate:
- Experience of working in a customer-centred or patient care role.
- That you are warm, welcoming, friendly and able to reassure the patients in your care.
- A provisional C1 driving licence as a minimum, with no more than 3 penalty points with experience of driving larger vehicles (C1 required for Hampshire only)
- You can commit to a three-week, full-time training programme based at one of our training stations in Newbury, Whiteley or Surrey
For candidates applying for Hampshire if you have the C1 provisional entitlement on your licence already, South Central Ambulance Service will be able to help you with your C1 practical test, covering the initial cost and arranging the test for you.
If successful, you will then be invited to an assessment session which will look at your driving skills and your ability to lift and move patients. If successful at assessment, you will be invited to an online interview.
Training is provided for the role and includes full driver training and a clinical training course that leads to an accredited qualification. It is fully paid and lasts 3 weeks.
- Training and support from our dedicated in-house education team.
- A clinical training course that leads to an accredited qualification.
- A formal driving course delivered by our team of highly qualified driving instructors.
- Access to continual professional development and opportunities within SCAS and the NHS.
- Occupational Health support along with an Employee Assistance Programme.
- Enrolment into the NHS Pension Scheme.
- NHS Discounts in over 200+ stores including Holidays, Days out, Car insurance, Restaurants and Clothing.
To find out more and apply visit: https://www.jobs.nhs.uk/xi/vacancy/917147237
Closing Date: 31 May 2022