Are you thinking about what you want for the future? Is it time to take control of your career and make the next step into a role where you will genuinely make a difference every time you come to work? Then our Emergency Care Assistant role could be the role for you.
Emergency Care Assistants (ECA) work in a challenging but rewarding role that provides essential support to our qualified clinical practitioners in responding to Accidents, Emergencies and Urgent Care requirements of the public.
We are looking for people who can demonstrate our values of Caring – Team Work – Professionalism and Innovation in all they do, so if you have experience of remaining calm under pressure, can demonstrate your caring and compassionate nature and don’t mind working shifts, then we want to hear from you now!
Detailed information regarding the criteria required for an Emergency Care Assistant is available within the Job Description and Person Specification, however, some of the essential criteria are:
- C1 Provisional at point of application – evidence of this will be obtained from you at shortlisting stage.
- 3 GCSE’s at Grade C (4) or above including English and Maths or equivalent qualification. If you can demonstrate experience equivalent to this level of qualification, particularly where this is combined with experience in a similar healthcare or caring role, may also be considered
Please note – original qualification certificates will be required, if you don’t have copies of these, you will need to request replacement certificates by visiting:
You must be able to commit to the 9 week training programme which consists of a full corporate induction, clinical training which includes basic life support skills, moving and handling and assisting the Paramedic and a 4 week driver training course including Blue Light conditions. Our training can take place from either Newbury, Bicester or Whiteley (Training is non-residential, we do not provide mileage or accommodation during your training period)
Once you have successfully completed your training, you will continue on to a six month operationally monitored assessment-training programme, which is monitored locally by your Team Leader.
In return, we offer:
- Opportunity to apply to be a student paramedic and other career development
- Access to apply for other continual professional development
- Access to apply for other educational qualifications
- Occupational Health support along with an Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to NHS negotiated discounts
If you have recently applied for this role with us and not been successful, we would ask that you wait at least three to six months before reapplying to ensure sufficient time to work on your feedback.
To find out more and apply visit: http://www.healthjobsuk.com/vacancy/4614929
Closing Date: 31 October 2022