Are you looking for an incredible opportunity to develop your career in a fast-growing company with ambitious plans and proven success? Keen to work in a lively environment, at an established company with a start-up mentality?
AMG is a highly successful B2B and B2C publishing house with a stable of market-leading brands across international news, grocery, pharma, hospitality, diversity & inclusion and arts, culture and theatre.
We are looking for an experienced and ambitious event manager to join our team working across our portfolio of conferences, awards and bespoke events. You will also take a leading role as we launch new events in 2022 in line with our growth strategy.
Role Summary / Purpose
To provide complete administration support to the publishing divisions’ awards and event portfolio thereby ensuring smooth running of each event. This includes research, database management, supporting public relations activities and co-ordinating and delivering events and managing communications across the team.
- Full project planning, setting and communicating deadlines and priorities. Delivering events on time and within budget. Setting up the databases and maintenance. Produce timelines and action plans for each event.
- Sourcing and briefing speakers, managing award application and judging processes, managing guest lists, table and seating planning, conducting post event evaluations.
- Sourcing and managing supplier relationships (venue sourcing and management, production, catering, AV, etc.), facilitating the interface between the AMG events, editorial and the audience.
- Main point of contact for sponsors and attendees.
- Budget forecasting, tracking, P&L and financial risk management.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Excellent organisation skills
- Demonstrable project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a high degree of self-motivation and ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Willing to take risks and lead change
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and strong facilitation skills