At Leonardo, we are recruiting for a Lead Project Planner to join our Integrated Sensing & Protecting (ISP) team to be responsible for Project Planning and Controls within a team managing exciting new contracts in the Mission Systems business area. Leonardo is a global high-tech company and one of the key players in Aerospace, Defence and Security. Headquartered in Italy, Leonardo has over 45,000 employees, of which 7,000 are based in the UK.
The ISP Line of Business falls within the wider Electronics UK Business Unit and operates as a product development, manufacturing and sales business. ISP is a leader in the integration and supply of Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) & Force Protection electronic systems and services. We work at all stages of the lifecycle from research and development to support of legacy equipment, and we work closely with partners, suppliers and customers to deliver the best outcomes.
As a Lead Project Planner you will be required to work with Project Managers and their Integrated Project Teams (IPTs) to ensure that effective planning and control is developed and delivered. This will require knowledge and experience in the disciplines of Scheduling, Project Controls, Earned Value Management (EVM), risk management and associated project reporting.
Aside from being an integral part of a dynamic and thriving environment, why choose Leonardo?
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Flexible working: We offer our employees the time and flexibility they need to enjoy a balanced life through flexible hours and part time options
- Custom working: The role may be a mixture of home based and onsite
- Flexible benefits: Our company-funded approach to flexible benefits allows employees to make choices appropriate for them. Each employee has access to a wide choice of lifestyle, health and wellbeing options best suited to their individual lifestyle goals.
- Network groups : To demonstrate our ongoing commitment to diversity & inclusion we have network groups for
o Carers (employees who care for someone who is either older, disabled or seriously ill)
o Enable (supporting people with disabilities)
o Equalise (development of a gender balanced workforce)
o Pride (promoting equality for all LGBTQ+ individuals)
o We also work in partnership with AFBE (Association for Black and Minority Ethnic Engineers).
- Training : Free access to Coursera which provides more than 4,000 online courses
- Continuous Learning : You will be supported in your ongoing professional development through training and mentoring
- Investors in People : We are proud recipients of the Investors in People Silver Award
- Employee Assistance Programme : Providing free and confidential mental health support
- Annual leave: We offer 25 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays and 8 flexi days
To find out about all of our Company benefits please visit: https://uk.leonardocompany.com/en/people-careers/life-at-leonardo/company-benefits
What you will do
Work within an Integrated Project Team to provide planning and project control services:
- Development and generation of the schedule with input from Project Managers, Bid Managers and Work Package Managers
- Maintenance of integrated project plans and work package interdependencies
- Analysis and control of costs and schedule
- Contribution to qualitative and quantitative risk management process
- Performance measurement (including Earned value management)
- Participation in project and IPT discussions to direct, advise and inform staff as the projects progress
- Integrated Project Plan scheduling and resource levelling
- Adherence to planning standards across the integrated plan work packages
- Creation and maintenance of baselines following contract acceptance
- Controlled release of project plans for execution
- Consolidation of project costs
You must be eligible for full security clearance. For more information and guidance please visit : https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/united-kingdom-security-vetting-clearance-levels
What we are looking for
- Proactive and motivated team players who can work collaboratively both within the function and the wider Integrated Project team, acting as an advocate and role model for good planning process
- Confident with industry standard planning and scheduling techniques utilising Primavera P6 and preferably SAP as well.
- Demonstrable experience in successfully planning projects of varying levels of complexity and in different stages of the Project Lifecycle.
- Ability to constructively challenge the project performance and data with the IPT to ensure the project plans and schedules reflect reality and mitigate risk to the business
- Strong communication skills both written and oral, with advanced experienced in Microsoft Excel and Power Point in support of this requirement.
- Experience in supporting bid activities through schedule development, risk management and governance
- Analytical and logical nature with a strong desire for continuous improvement
- Able to recognise, develop and maintain strong stakeholder relationships at all levels