Our mission is to provide happiness with every bite to all our consumers. To us that means happiness for people every day, in what they eat and what they do.
The pladis story began when the families of McVitie’s, GODIVA and Ulker each started making the sweet and savoury treats they would later become famous for. The founders of these companies shared a secret; they knew how to create products that people loved. And this grew their brands into icons with large portfolios of sweet and savoury treats.
In 2016, Yildiz Holding embarked on a remarkable journey to transform its consumer food businesses and built a new global industry leader combining the businesses of Ulker and United Biscuits: and so pladis was born, combining hundreds of years family brand heritage. Named after the ‘Pleiades’ constellation, a group of stars visible from anywhere on earth, pladis retains the values and beliefs of the entrepreneurs that built its brands; honesty, integrity, passion.
At heart, we are a family business, and we retain the honesty, integrity and trust instilled in our brands by their pioneering founders through our traits and behaviours
Our culture is unique – we have a large global footprint with the heart and soul of a start-up company. It’s this culture that distinguishes us from our competitors. We’re not afraid to try new things, to experiment and strive for the impossible. Sometimes we make mistakes (we’re human!) – and we use this to learn and push ourselves forward.
That’s just who we are.
You’ll find pladis a phenomenal place to work. Everyone who works here is a member of the pladis global family. We pride ourselves on giving everyone the chance to succeed, and we value each individual’s contribution.
Why join our team?
pladis is home to iconic brands Godiva, McVitie’s and Ulker. These brands make sweet treats and savoury treats that consumers everywhere recognise and enjoy! As we start on our new pathway, we will continue making the biscuits and confectionery people know and expect from these brands, and we will expand their portfolios too. Together we will build new and exciting products at pladis – new flavours, new concepts and new ways to share happiness
Our strength is not only in our products, but also in our people and our values Each business that has united to form pladis are loved for their heritage and values. We will retain the honesty, integrity and trust instilled in our brands by our ground-breaking founders as we embark on the next chapter of our success.
What will this role achieve?
The role-holder will drive and lead revenue and margin improvement plan across the portfolio, including, amongst other things, facilitating regular NRM processes, leading cost out programs and SKU rationalisation.
The role will serve as a key business partner for the business unit working with the Finance leads and Customer team in the UK, providing leadership and support to drive improved margin and top line growth.
Working closely with the NRM Commercial Managers and also with the NRM Analytics team, this exciting role is integral in ensuring all strategies and plans are fully modelled and delivered against agreed PPA targets.
What will be your key deliverables?
- Managing the delivery of budgeted P&L’s for defined brands within the McVitie’s and Jacob’s portfolio across all channels, on time and in full across all PPA agreed strategies with support from NRM Controller
- Supporting the NRM Controller through ensuring execution of the marketing plan through the sales team, tracking delivery vs budget and recommending corrective action where necessary. This includes developing strategies to increase profitable growth through promotions and pack format strategy.
- Track promo guideline execution, and optimise promo return on investment through internal evaluation and review systems
- Work with marketing team to provide commercial perspective / inputs for NPD and brand projects
- Use the pladis reporting suite, and conduct ad hoc analysis to identify brand P&L opportunities, challenges and build plans to improve profit or course correct
- Utilise account reviews and execution forums to ensure delivery against PPA strategies and lead periodic brand performance reviews to ensure clear understanding of performance drivers by brand. This includes ensuring they are fully equipped to do so through clear communication and provision of selling tools.
What do you need for this role?
- Strong Excel and financial modelling skills and awareness
- Proven Track record of providing robust and insightful financial analysis.
- Good communication skills (written, verbal and presentational)
- Proven experience of working in an FMCG business, ideally already with commercial teams
- Degree level education
- Knowledge of TPM/promotional management IT systems desirable
- Knowledge of Nielsen and Kantar data
- Degree level education – 2:1 degree
Our winning traits and behaviours
- Purpose-Led – Energised by our promise to deliver happiness to the world with every bite
- Agile – Ever evolving, never satisfied and never standing still
- Collaborative – Willing to work with others for mutual success
- Resilient – Quick to adapt to change, fast learner and persistent in the face of setbacks
- Positive – Self-motivated, optimistic, adventurous, and inspiring
Diversity and inclusion is central to everything we do and is reflected across our business. pladis brings together brands and people from around the globe – and this diversity is our great strength.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and believe in fostering an inclusive environment where we celebrate diversity of thinking and respect everyone’s distinctive qualities and perspectives.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform key job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.