We encourage applications from people from all backgrounds and aim to have a workforce that represents the wider society that we serve. We pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. We champion diversity, inclusion and wellbeing and aim to create a workplace where everyone feels valued and a sense of belonging. To find out more about how we do this visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/ministry-of-justice/about/equality-and-diversity.
This is a regional role which will support the induction and training of Probation Services Officers across the region. The successful candidate may be based in any office across the region and there will be opportunity for some remote working. Some travel across the region may be required.
Follow us on Twitter @LDNProbation for regular updates on jobs, using the hashtags: #justicejobs #probation #civilservicejobs
The PQO role is to work alongside LDU clusters to support them in achieving agreed performance. This includes:
- Ensuring that LDU clusters deliver in accordance with agreed national service delivery indicators and specifications
- Developing and delivering a quality improvement programme for the Division
- Identifying local performance and quality issues and opportunities linking in to HMPPS priorities.
- Running improvement initiatives to address opportunities for performance improvement
Working with other PQO’s to share best practice and maximize improvements in quality and performance.
Responsibilities, Activities & Duties
The job holder will be required to carry out the following responsibilities, activities, and duties:
Support Service Delivery Quality Improvement and Practice Development
- Provide guidance for delivery of effective practices across the LDU clusters
- Demonstrate support for organizational vision and strategies as regards quality improvement within the LDU clusters
- Implement systems for reviewing and assessing effective practice within the LDU clusters
- Implement practice development opportunities developed in collaboration with HMPPS/NPS training and OD
- Contribute to a culture of innovation and continuous improvement
Performance management within the LDU Clusters
- Support performance management of LDU clusters within the division
- Identify opportunities for performance improvement and analyzing trends within LDU clusters
- Support the implementation of performance plans within LDU clusters and monitor their effectiveness
- Work with PQO colleagues to share good practice and promote performance initiatives
- Support continuous quality improvement
- Implement best practice initiatives internally
- Monitor compliance with quality system
Develop Team and Partnership Working
- Be responsible for establishing effective working relationships with other teams and with colleagues
- Write reports for management on contract performance and provide cost analysis where required
- Provide information to colleagues where required
- Support a performance and quality-focused organization
Plan and organize
- Support manager with the provision of information for SLA review meetings around performance, and make recommendations for improvement. Monitor action logs where appropriate
- Monitoring of CRC and other organizations delivery of interventions on behalf of NPS.
- Share knowledge and good practice to inform the continual improvement of service delivery
Use communication effectively
- Providing information, feedback, and advice
- Influencing and persuading
- Participate in meetings using appropriate skills, styles, and approaches
Enhance your own performance
Manage own resources and professional development
Use information to support decision makers
- Liaise with staff to receive, collate, and analyze information, compiling reports as necessary
- Develop and utilize data to identify trends and recommend action to maintain and enhance performance
- Comply with systems for the exchange of sensitive information, data, and intelligence
Manage Diversity and Quality
- Support a culture and systems that promote equality and value diversity
- Implement the diversity policies of the service and consult the Equalities and Diversity Unit as appropriate
- Ensure an effective approach to project and process evaluation
- Manage a programme of complementary projects
- Enable others to carry out project management roles
- Maintain effective communication with project stakeholders
The duties/responsibilities listed above describe the post as it is at present and is not intended to be exhaustive. The job holder is expected to accept reasonable alternations and additional tasks of a similar level that may be necessary. Significant adjustments may require re-examination under the Job Evaluation scheme and shall be discussed in the first instance with the Job Holder.
- Changing and Improving
• Working Together
• Managing a Quality Service
• Delivering at Pace
To be confirmed, but expected to be week commencing 10th October 2022.
If you require any assistance please call 0845 241 5358 (Monday to Friday 8am – 6pm) or e mail [email protected]. Please quote the job reference – 64256.
Demonstrate experience of performance management, demonstrate experience of problem-solving skills including analytical, evaluative & outcome focused techniques, operational experience of working in a Probation setting, and experience of quality systems and implementing quality improvement initiatives.
- NVQ Level 4 or equivalent in a relevant subject (or appropriate practical experience).
- Microsoft: Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint (or equivalent i.e. Lotus Notes).
Demonstrate the ability to maintain information & administrative systems including databases.