Leonardo is a global high-tech company and one of the key players in Aerospace, Defence and Security. Headquartered in Italy, Leonardo has over 45,000 employees, of which 7,000 are based in the UK.
As a Project Manager in the Integrated Sensing & Protection (ISP) Line of Business (LoB), you will be responsible for the successful delivery of innovative projects, supplying safety through technology to provide our customers with more efficient, safe and secure products and solutions tailored to their specific needs.
Joining an established Integrated Project Team (IPT), you will act as a leader, demonstrating an agile mind-set to actively and positively influence the team’s performance and project outcomes.
You will belong to a community of diverse Project Management professionals, bringing your own unique skills to contribute towards business improvement initiatives ensuring best practise and a consistent level of high performance.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Flexible working: We offer our employees the time and flexibility they need to enjoy a balanced life through flexible hours and part time options
- Custom working: The role may be a mixture of home based and onsite
- Flexible benefits: Our company-funded approach to flexible benefits allows employees to make choices appropriate for them. Each employee has access to a wide choice of lifestyle, health and wellbeing options best suited to their individual lifestyle goals.
- Network groups : To support our ongoing commitment to diversity & inclusion, we have a range of network groups for colleagues :
- Carers (employees caring for family or friends)
- Enable (supporting people with disabilities)
- Equalise (development of a gender balanced workforce)
- Pride (promoting equality for all LGBTQ+ individuals)
- Ethnicity Inclusion (developing a more ethnically based workforce)
- Wellbeing (promoting & supporting employee wellbeing)
- Training : Free access to Coursera which provides more than 4,000 online courses
- Continuous Learning : You will be supported in your ongoing professional development through training and mentoring
- Investors in People : We are proud recipients of the Investors in People Silver Award
- Employee Assistance Programme : Providing free and confidential mental health support
- Annual leave: We offer 25 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays and 8 flexi days
To find out about all of our Company benefits please visit: https://uk.leonardocompany.com/en/people-careers/life-at-leonardo/company-benefits
What you will do
You will be responsible for managing all activities in the life cycle of a project or group of projects ensuring a successful outcome.
- Manage applicable contracts/projects to time, cost, quality and technical compliance
- Work to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction whist creating plans to improve financial performance against the baseline targets
- Ensure adherence to Leonardo’s Lifecycle Management (LCM), as appropriate and tailored to suit project requirements
- Proactively monitor cost and schedule progress and lead the team effectively through planning, allocation and reporting of work in order to ensure successful delivery of the project and its objectives
- Anticipate, mitigate and manage dependencies, risks and synergies in support of improved business performance
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with all functions in order to influence support and deliver project activities
- Ensure the contracts/projects are organised and integrated as efficiently as possible to ensure a firm, understood and mutually agreed set up
- Generate and lead effective communication and accurate reporting on the programme
- Collaborate effectively at all levels within the business as well as with customers
- Work closely with the Campaign Manager developing Business Winning Plans and identifying key milestones to achieve
What we are looking for
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge
Key skills, qualifications and knowledge include:
- Proven experience in successfully delivering manufacturing/support projects and contracts across all phases of the project execution lifecycle, including Business Winning Phase.
- Pro-active with a ‘can do’ attitude, striving for continuous improvement with a focus on achieving high performance against objectives
- Detailed understanding of Project Reporting and financial controls
- Good computer literacy including Microsoft Office applications
- SAP functions related to Project Execution, Cost Control and Planning desirable
- Working knowledge of Risk Management and Project Execution tools and techniques
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships both internally and externally
- Demonstrated ability to organise and prioritise workload and to work autonomously
- Flexible and adaptable to change and adversity
- Excellent problem solving skills and initiative with the ability to think laterally
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with multiple engineering and non-engineering functions
- Strong commercial awareness and negotiation skills