At Leonardo, we have an exciting opportunity for a Software Developer to join our dedicated Software Engineering team within our Integrated Sensing and Protection (ISP) line of business. Leonardo is a global high-tech company and one of the key players in Aerospace, Defence and Security. Headquartered in Italy, Leonardo has over 45,000 employees, of which 7,000 are based in the UK.
Software development is a fast moving field. At Leonardo we are developing and innovating with the latest methods, tools and techniques to develop new capabilities that are at the forefront of what is possible today. We are inviting engineers to join our accomplished team and help us create what will be possible in the future.
Working within one of our software development team, you will be a contributor to all aspects of the research and development of our advanced products and capabilities. Our projects develop high integrity solutions and require the best available rigor and capability across the whole development lifecycle from concept, through design and architecture to testing, commissioning and deployment.
The Leonardo team is a long established, innovative and capable operation. The opportunity offers space to contribute at a high level but also develop a rewarding ongoing career with access to a wide range of exiting challenges.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Flexible working: We offer our employees the time and flexibility they need to enjoy a balanced life through flexible hours and part time options
- Custom working: The role may be a mixture of home based and onsite
- Flexible benefits: Our company-funded approach to flexible benefits allows employees to make choices appropriate for them. Each employee has access to a wide choice of lifestyle, health and wellbeing options best suited to their individual lifestyle goals.
- Network groups : To demonstrate our ongoing commitment to diversity & inclusion we have network groups for
o Carers (employees who care for someone who is either older, disabled or seriously ill)
o Enable (supporting people with disabilities)
o Equalise (development of a gender balanced workforce)
o Pride (promoting equality for all LGBTQ+ individuals)
o We also work in partnership with AFBE (Association for Black and Minority Ethnic Engineers).
- Training : Free access to Coursera which provides more than 4,000 online courses
- Continuous Learning : You will be supported in your ongoing professional development through training and mentoring
- Investors in People : We are proud recipients of the Investors in People Silver Award
- Employee Assistance Programme : Providing free and confidential mental health support
- Annual leave: We offer 25 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays and 8 flexi days
To find out about all of our Company benefits please visit: https://uk.leonardocompany.com/en/people-careers/life-at-leonardo/company-benefits
What you will do
- Develop software solutions as part of a team.
- Work with the latest tools and methods.
- Take part in an empowering Agile development activity.
- Develop professionally in a continuous improvement environment.
- Support and progress projects in all aspects of the software life cycle.
- Try out innovative solutions within a supportive team.
You must be eligible for full security clearance. For more information and guidance please visit : https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/united-kingdom-security-vetting-clearance-levels
What we are looking for
- A keen interest in software Development.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and behaviours.
- An inquisitive approach to problem solving.
- A passion for challenge.
- Strong aptitude for teamwork.
It would be great if you also had the following skills and experience but not essential
- Agile lifecycles.
- Development experience in C, C++, C# and/or JAVA
- Big data solutions.
- System engineering approaches.
- Communication technologies.
- Familiarity with formal problem solving methods.
- Capability to work with and through formal requirements.
- Ability to work within formal engineering processes as required.
- Proven delivery capability in the context of complex activity.
- Appreciation of safety-critical software development.