Who we are and what we do
East London NHS Foundation Trust is a NHS mental health trust which provides services to the City of London, the London Boroughs of Hackney, Tower Hamlets and Newham. The Trust also provides forensic services to the London Boroughs of Barking and Dagenham, Havering, Redbridge and Waltham Forest, and provides some specialist mental health services to North London, Hertfordshire and Essex.
We provide a range of community, outpatient and inpatient services for children and young people,
adults and older people.
The Trust’s Headquarters are located in Tower Hamlets. We operate from 47 community sites,
four main inpatient sites and have 663 inpatient beds.
The Trust is linked with the University of London, City University and South Bank University
How we do it
The Trust’s vision is to provide high quality mental health care to our local communities. We aim to do this in partnership with service users, their carers and families, and statutory and voluntary organisations.
To deliver this vision, we will build on the strong clinical and managerial expertise of our staff, our excellent track record of managing our finances and further strengthen service user and carer participation.
We will continue to build relationships with existing partners and develop partnerships with new organisations to make the best use of our joint resources and develop and expand in areas where we have a strong established track record of delivering high quality and responsive services.
The Trust’s core values are at the heart of our vision and underpin everything we do. These include:
- Putting the service user and carer at the centre of everything we do – through service user led approaches and their involvement in the shaping, delivery and evaluation of our services.
- Ensure wider choice and promote independence – through personalised services, organised around people’s whole lives, and enabling service users to play an active role in their care. We also believe that service users should have a real choice about who provides their care, what services they have and where, when and how services are provided.
- Provide safe, effective and value for money services – through robust systems, clinical governance and financial processes to ensure the organisation keeps on track.
- Ensure equality and value diversity – through offering the right services regardless of people’s age, race, ability to speak English, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation or culture. Ensuring equality and diversity are integral to all of our work and that we challenge prejudice and discrimination wherever this affects our staff and service users.
- Recognise the contribution of our staff and provide a capable workforce – our staff are our most prized asset and we aim to have the right number of staff with the right kinds of skills to support the smooth running of our services.
- Promote social inclusion and recovery – by supporting service users to flourish in all areas of their lives and be fully involved in the life of the community through greater access to leisure, education and work opportunities as well as access to good physical health and well-being services.
What Equality and Diversity means to us
East London NHS Foundation Trust is committed to equal opportunities and believes that employment procedures and conditions should not discriminate on any grounds other than an ability to meet the requirements of the job.
Working for us
From Doctors, Nurses and Psychologists through to Therapists, Support Workers and administrative staff, delivering excellent mental healthcare services to the communities of East London is a real team effort. That’s why we’re seeking talented people to work together, give back to society, and make sure the improvements we’re making are felt where they matter most.
The Trust is committed to developing its staff. As a growing organisation, we are constantly developing new services, new approaches and new initiatives. Working in East London will expose you to a vast range of experience. As we grow, so can your career
To find out more about our current vacancies, please visit: